Thursday, August 13, 2026

It's been hot this week and the skies are white with smoke. I think I'm getting the winter blues in the middle of summer. Ugh! Actually, I didn't get either job at New Haven that I had interviewed multiple times for and that has me down. You know, questioning my worth and how to imagine an uncertain future. Just the usual! I really do know that is a normal feeling/thought process we all cycle through. It's not super bad for me--just kind of a malaise that happens to be mirrored by the sky right now. Funny but true!

Benjamin went to FSY this week! He said it was his best FSY yet! He went with his friend, Brayden, and they had a great time making friends with guys and gals alike. They played games and made up dances and studied scriptures and shared insights into the gospel. When he got home, he turned on the FSY playlist and sang along. We're glad he had a good week and are also so glad he is back!




Bethany worked three days this week. Woot! She also went to her trainer twice and to therapy. She went with her sisters to Megan's house Wednesday night for dinner and a movie. On Friday morning, all the grandkids, their moms, the twins, Beth, and I went to Mariah's pool! That was really fun. Beth, Chey, and I went to McDonald's afterwards. Kevin and I looked at a car for Beth on Saturday but we haven't committed, yet!

This was Cheyenne's last week of summer vacation. MTech starts for her next week! So, she and Tyler have been paddle boarding at the rez, playing tennis, and meeting with friends to play ultimate Frisbee, and trying to soak up every free minute. Chey also worked her two nights in a row as she does.

Savannah helped Peter celebrate his birthday yesterday! She took him to an escape room and Megan, Cali, and Richmond joined in the fun. They came to Oliver's birthday party, and then came home to watch old movies. They both had a good time!


Oliver is one-year old!! Sarah had his birthday party yesterday night. We had hamburgers and hot dogs with watermelon and macaroni salad. Megan made him a soccer-ball cake and Oliver had great fun demolishing it. He got lots of fun toys and smiled a lot. We love that little boy with his big blue eyes and easy-going temperment. He puts up with a lot of chaos and generally rolls with it--sometimes even literally! He is a treasure.













No comments: